Deb’s Complete Bio
Debra Lee Nashed is an international travel professional with 30 years of experience in leadership, consulting, and trip arrangement for V.I.P. clients at one of the top Boston, MA travel companies. When she relocated to Southwest Florida, it was a natural progression for her to offer her services to meet the growing need for concierge-style travel arrangements.
Her focus is on delivering worldwide, sophisticated travel products with an emphasis on luxury and adventure. On her personal quest to inspect and experience firsthand what clients can count on when traveling or cruising under her guidance, she has traveled to 66 countries, 46 of the United States, cruised 42 times about the world from the Inaugural sailing of the Oasis & Harmony of the Seas to 5-star luxury lines and River Cruises in Europe and Egypt.
Deb is an avid photographer. Most of the photos on this website were taken on her many adventures around the world. Her photos have been published in the Boston Globe, appeared on the cover of 2 travel brochures, have won several contests, and have been sold.
She received her B.A. degree in Sociology/Psychology/Education from the State University of New York at Albany and is also a graduate of the Travel School of America, Boston, MA.
She was a manager and team leader for Garber Travel in the Boston area from 1982-2012. In 2012 she founded Debonair Concierge Travel Services, LLC in Ft. Myers, FL.
Deb’s other certifications and affiliations include-
- Certified Travel Counselor (CTC), Certified Destination Specialist for Africa (DS) and Specialty Travel (DS) from the Institute of Certified Travel Agents, Wellesley, MA (renamed The Travel Institute)
- Adventure Travel 101 from Gap Adventures
- River Cruise Specialist Certification and expert river cruise panelist with Uniworld River Cruises President, International Luxury Travel Expo, Las Vegas
- Egyptian Specialist Certification from Egypt and Beyond Travel and Sonesta Cruises, Cairo, Egypt
- Certifications of Achievement for Caribbean and Mediterranean Seminars at Sea including a land tour of Italy, Royal Caribbean, and Azamara Cruise Lines
- Mexico Specialist Certification with Classic Vacations
- Certified Bermuda Specialist, Bermuda Department of Tourism
- Club Med Sales Specialist Diploma
- Sandals, Beaches and Dive Travel Specialist Certificates of Knowledge
- Accredited Cruise Counselor (ACC), Master Cruise Counselor (MCC), Elite Cruise Counselor (ECC), Luxury Cruise Specialist (LCS) from the Cruise Line International Association, Washington, D.C.
- Plus numerous other destination training certificates
- LisaFoundation.org – Board of Directors & Steering Committee 2019-2021
- American Business Women’s Association- Sanibel-Captiva, Secretary 2013-2015. Woman of the Year 2016-2017, Membership Committee 2012-2017, Fundraising Committee 2012-2017, Outreach Chairwoman & Founder 2016-2017.
- ABWA Imperial River Formation Committee 2016-2018, Membership Committee 2016-2021, Secretary 2018, Vice President 2019-2022, Fundraising Co-Chair 2016+, PR/Social Media Committee 2019+, SWFL Delegate 2018-2022
- ABWA SWFL Council, District 1- 2015-2017 Vice Chairwoman, WOY Event Co-Chair 2021, Sunshine Committee 2021-2022, PR/Social Media Committee 2022
- ABWA SWFL Council, District 1- 2017 Woman of the Year
- ZONTA International, Sanibel-Captiva, Fundraising & Membership 2017-2019
- WGCU Leadership Circle. Curated, Managed & Escorted Fundraising Trips for their PBS & NPR Stations 2016+
- Lakes Park Enrichment Foundation Fundraising Committee and Lee County volunteer 2019-2021
- Hope Hospice- Yachts of Hope Fundraiser 2019
- Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce member and fundraiser volunteer 2012-2016
- Estero Chamber of Commerce member 2014-2015
- Bonita Chamber of Commerce member with ABWA 2016+
- SWFL Inc. Chamber member 2021+
- National Assoc. of Wedding Professionals, Ft. Myers & Naples 2014-2016
- GFMCC Path to Profits Networking Group, Chairwoman 2014 & 2015
- African Network of SWFL- Public Relations Liaison & Board Secretary 2014-2016, member 2014-2018, supporter 2019
- Master Networks Group member 2014-2018. Social Media Chair 2017-2018, Certificate of Excellence Awarded June 2016
- Gatekeepers Business Network Group member 2012-2014
- Sanibel-Captiva Chamber of Commerce volunteer 2012-2015
- Sanibel Community House Fundraiser- Cooking with the Island Stars 2016
- St. Francis Xavier School volunteer 2012-2018
- German American Social Club member & Security Team volunteer 2012-2014
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Corporate Committee Co-Chair JDRF ONE Walk 2015 and volunteer 2013-2016
- Sanibel-Captiva Conservation Foundation member
- National Association of Professional Women member 2013-2015
- Cruise Line International Association, agency membership 2012+
- Florida Seller of Travel Ref. No. ST38613
MEET THE DEBONAIR TEAM:
Gina Perez Dengler, CTA, DS, Travel Consultant
Gina’s specialties are Memorable Family Vacations, Group Travel, Cruises, Honeymoons, and Destination Weddings.
Gina is originally from Western NY and moved to Florida permanently in 2004. Always interested in traveling the world and curious about other cultures, she attended Associated Schools, Inc in North Miami Beach for training in Travel and Hospitality. She has worked in the hotel industry, hospitality, and as a travel consultant. From 1994 with two travel agencies in Western New York to presently works part-time with Debonair Concierge Travel, Gina has specialized in group, family, and cruise vacations as well as traveling with special needs. She has earned her CTA (Certified Travel Associate) certificate and her DS (Destination Specialist) certification for the Caribbean through The Travel Institute. Both require extensive training and testing, so they are great accomplishments. Gina recently completed the Royal Caribbean University Master of Adventure Certification.
Michelle Umbenhauer- Culinary Specialist
Michelle Umbenhauer has a long history in the hospitality industry. She began her career in Culinary Arts by pursuing an ACF (American Culinary Federation) chef’s apprenticeship prior to attending college. She holds both an A.S. in Food & Beverage Management and a B.S. Hotel & Restaurant Management. Both degrees were awarded by Johnson & Wales University with Summa Cum Laude honors.
Within the hotel industry, Michelle has held positions ranging from Front Desk to General manager – including an exciting season running a historic lodge in Yosemite National Park’s High Sierra. She’s also taught cooking skills and bartending and has done some professional baking.
Travel is Michelle’s greatest passion. She thrives on the exploration of different cultures, ecosystems & foodways around the world. She’s been to more than 30 countries and has visited 49 of our 50 states. Which one is missing? “North Dakota,” she says. “I will get there soon!”
Michelle has been married for 19 years to Stan Klepadlo, who travels extensively for work. She takes every opportunity she can to accompany him. A certified Florida Master Naturalist, Michelle particularly enjoys adventure travel, ecotourism, volunteer tourism & anything to do with food.
Mary Romulus- Retreat Specialist
Mary’s specialty is the “mini-break”, the shorter, “unplug and recharge” retreats. With her lifelong passion for travel and knowledge in the field of holistic well-being, Mary feels that a short sojourn, recharging the mind, body, and spirit is essential for each of us.
” We are all caregivers and I have seen the effects stress has on our physiology.”
After earning her degree in Dental Hygiene, she practiced in Boston for 17 years before relocating to Southwest Florida. Mary has traveled extensively throughout Europe, Scandinavia, North Africa, and The Caribbean Islands. Her love of people and cultural diversity has enhanced her all-embracing approach to life. “Having an awareness of our changing needs throughout life, with respect to work and family, it is important to integrate quality leisure time for ourselves.”
Diane Lake- Marketing and Promotions
With an extensive background in sales, customer service, and product promotion, Diane’s desire is to introduce the individual or group to Debonair’s travel expertise.
Besides her personal interest to have amazing travel experiences, she’s equally excited to be a part of helping others achieve their own wonderful trips through the talents of this team.
Erin White, Paradise Coast Consulting, LLC | Webmaster | Social Media Coach
Erin White relocated from New York to Lee County in Southwest Florida in May of 2006. She holds an A.S. from Suffolk Community College and a B.A. from Dowling College. Erin’s post-graduate certifications include Social Media Marketing from Florida Gulf Coast University, Certified Florida Master Naturalist from USF/IFAS; Certified Information Security Manager from ISACA; and Certified Guest Services Professional from the American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute. Erin owns PARADISE COAST CONSULTING, LLC, offering IT, social media, and business management services.
Erin is currently the Membership Coordinator at Naples Botanical Garden. She formerly was the part-time Executive Director at The Lakes Park Enrichment Foundation. She has introduced new technology to streamline business processes, improve communications, and increase engagement within the Foundation’s organization and with the community.
Erin was a member of ABWA’s Sanibel Captiva Charter Chapter, where she served as PR/Marketing Chair before taking on the role of Vice President for the 2017-2018 term. Erin is a founding member and PR/Marketing Chair of ABWA’s Imperial River Chapter, serving the women of Fort Myers, Estero, and Bonita Springs. She has served two terms on the Board of the ABWA Southwest Florida Council as Financial Officer and was recently elected Vice President for the 2020 term. In 2016, Erin completed a 2-year term serving as Board Chair for Florida SEE, and enjoys helping to promote ethical eco-tourism in Lee County and beyond. Erin is a two-time nominee (2013, 2014) for Lee County, Florida’s Paulette Burton Citizen of the Year Award, and also for the 2014 Florida Master Naturalist Award of Excellence. Erin is a former opera singer, likes to day-hike, is a hopeless tech/gadget geek, an avid Harry Potter fan, an organic produce enthusiast, and a chronic Instagram food photographer.