Deb’s Complete Bio
Debra Lee Nashed is an international travel professional with 30 years of experience in leadership, consulting and trip arrangement for V.I.P. clients at one of the top Boston, MA travel companies. When she relocated to Southwest Florida, it was a natural progression for her to offer her services to meet the growing need for concierge-style travel arrangements.
Her focus is on delivering worldwide, sophisticated travel products with an emphasis on luxury and adventure. On her personal quest to inspect and experience firsthand what clients can count on when traveling or cruising under her guidance, she has traveled to 66 countries, 46 of the United States, cruised 39 times about the world from the Inaugural sailing of the Oasis & Harmony of the Seas to 5-star luxury lines and River Cruises in Europe and Egypt.
Deb is an avid photographer. Most of the photos on this website were taken on her many adventures around the world. Her photos have been published in the Boston Globe, appeared on the cover of 2 travel brochures, have won several contests and have been sold.
She received her B.A. degree from the State University of New York at Albany and is also a graduate of the Travel School of America, Boston, MA.
Deb’s other certifications and affiliations include-
- Certified Travel Counselor (CTC), Certified Destination Specialist for Africa (CDS) and Specialty Travel (CDS) from the Institute of Certified Travel Agents, Wellesley, MA
- Adventure Travel 101 from Gap Adventures
- River Cruise Specialist Certification and expert river cruise panelist with Uniworld River Cruises President, International Luxury Travel Expo, Las Vegas
- Egyptian Specialist Certification from Egypt and Beyond Travel and Sonesta Cruises, Cairo, Egypt
- Certifications of Achievement for Caribbean and Mediterranean Seminars at Sea including a land tour of Italy, Royal Caribbean and Azamara Cruise Lines
- Mexico Specialist Certification with Classic Vacations
Certified Bermuda Specialist, Bermuda Department of Tourism
- Club Med Sales Specialist Diploma
- Sandals, Beaches and Dive Travel Specialist Certificates of Knowledge
- Accredited Cruise Counselor (ACC), Master Cruise Counselor (MCC), Elite Cruise Counselor (ECC), Luxury Cruise Specialist (LCS) from the Cruise Line International Association, Washington, D.C.
- Plus numerous other destination training certificates
- American Business Women’s Association Sanibel-Captiva, Sec. 2013-2015. Woman of the Year 2016-2017, Outreach Chairwoman 2016-2017
- ABWA SWFL Council, District 1- 2015-2017 Vice Chairwoman
- ABWA SWFL Council, District 1- 2017 Woman of the Year
- National Association of Professional Women member
- Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce mbr & volunteer 2012-2016
- Estero Chamber of Commerce member 2014-2015
- National Assoc. of Wedding Professionals, Ft. Myers & Naples 2014-2016
- GFMCC Path to Profits Networking Group, Chairwoman 2014 & 2015
- African Network of SWFL- Public Relations Liaison & Board Secretary 2014-2016, current member
- Master Networks Group current member. Certificate of Excellence June 2016
- Gatekeepers Business Network Group member 2012-2014
- Sanibel-Captiva Chamber of Commerce volunteer 2012-2015
- St. Francis Xavier School volunteer
- German American Social Club member & Security Team volunteer 2012-2014
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation volunteer 2013-2016
- Sanibel-Captiva Conservation Foundation member
- Cruise Line International Association, agency membership
- Florida Seller of Travel Ref. No. ST38613
MEET THE DEBONAIR TEAM:
Gina Perez Dengler, CTA, DS, Travel Consultant
Gina’s specialties are Memorable Family Vacations, Group Travel, Cruises, Honeymoons and Destination Weddings.
Gina is originally from Western NY and moved to Florida permanently in 2004. Always interested in traveling the world and curious about other cultures, she attended Associated Schools, Inc in North Miami Beach for training in Travel and Hospitality. She has worked in the hotel industry, hospitality and as a travel consultant. From 1994 with two travel agencies in Western New York to presently works part-time with Debonair Concierge Travel, Gina has specialized in group, family and cruise vacations as well as travelling with special needs. She has earned her CTA (Certified Travel Associate) certificate and her DS (Destination Specialist) certification for the Caribbean through The Travel Institute. Both require extensive training and testing, so they are great accomplishments.
Michelle Umbenhauer- Culinary Specialist
Michelle Umbenhauer has a long history in the hospitality industry. She began her career in Culinary Arts by pursuing an ACF (American Culinary Federation) chef’s apprenticeship prior to attending college. She holds both an A.S. Food & Beverage Management and a B.S. Hotel & Restaurant Management. Both degrees were awarded by Johnson & Wales University with Summa Cum Laude honors.
Within the hotel industry, Michelle has held positions ranging from Front Desk to General manager – including an exciting season running a historic lodge in Yosemite National Park’s High Sierra. She’s also taught cooking skills and bartending, and has done some professional baking.
Travel is Michelle’s greatest passion. She thrives on the exploration of different cultures, ecosystems & foodways around the world. She’s been to more than 30 countries, and has visited 49 of our 50 states. Which one is missing? “North Dakota,” she says. “I will get there soon!”
Michelle has been married for 19 years to Stan Klepadlo, who travels extensively for work. She takes every opportunity she can to accompany him. A certified Florida Master Naturalist, Michelle particularly enjoys adventure travel, ecotourism, volunteer tourism & anything to do with food.
Lindsey Kamel, Tailored Picks – Personal Shopper, Travel Wardrobe and Packing Stylist.
Lindsey can help you obtain that elusive travel wardrobe and show you how to pack light! Oh and don’t forget she can help with finding those comfortable walking shoes for touring! For more info click on Taiored Picks above. Lindsey’s motto is, “I do the legwork, so you don’t have to”.
Mary Romulus- Retreat Specialist
Mary ‘s specialty is the “mini-break”, the shorter, “unplug and recharge” retreats. With her lifelong passion for travel and knowledge in the field of holistic well-being, Mary feels that a short sojourn, recharging the mind, body and spirit is essential for each of us.
” We are all caregivers and I have seen the effects stress has on our physiology.”
After earning her degree in Dental Hygiene, she practiced in Boston for 17 years before relocating to Southwest Florida. Mary has traveled extensively throughout Europe, Scandinavia, North Africa and The Caribbean Islands. Her love of people and cultural diversity have enhanced her all embracing approach to life. “Having an awareness of our changing needs throughout life ,with respect to work and family, it is important to integrate quality leisure time for ourselves.”
Diane Lake- Marketing and Promotions
With an extensive background in sales, customer service and product promotion, Diane’s desire is to introduce the individual or group with Debonair’s travel expertise.
Besides her personal interests to have amazing travel experiences, she’s equally excited to be a part of helping others achieve their own wonderful trips through the talents of this team.